There is nowhere quite like Vienna during Advent. The Christmas markets are full of life, the atmosphere in the streets is festive in a way that doesn't exist in most other capital cities and the concerts & operetta season is in full swing. Many of Vienna’s squares transform into magical Christmas markets with the aroma of hot punch and Christmas biscuits creating a wonderful atmosphere. Get your Christmas off to an early start and join us for six nights in this wonderful city.
We fly direct from Manchester or Heathrow and stay six nights at the 4* Hotel am Konzerthaus which has an ideal location just off the 'Ringstrasse'.
- During our stay we have mid stalls tickets for
- Frederick Ashton's ballet La Fille mal gardée at the Vienna State Opera
- La boheme at the Volksoper
- A symphonic concert in the magnificent Goldensaal of the Musikverein (home of the New Year's Day concert)
- the unique Christmas in Vienna concert with the Vienna Boys Choir and operatic superstars Rolando Villazón & Jamie Barton in the beautiful art-nouveau Konzerthaus
- two morning walking tours in the historic heart of the city (with Kaffee und Kuchen in Vienna's most elegant cafe)
- a morning visit to Klimt & Schiele at the Belvedere Palace
- a morning at the Schönbrunn Palace with apple strudel included!
- Dinners in some of the great dining rooms of the city, dinner at the Konzerthaus and a post-performance supper after the Volksoper
Monday 12 December Manchester - Vienna 1300 - 1625 Austrian Airlines
Sunday 18 December Vienna - Manchester 1520 - 1600 Ryanair
Monday 12 December Heathrow - Vienna 1050 - 1400 British Airways
Sunday 18 December Vienna - Heathrow 1505 - 1635 British Airways
Supplement from Heathrow £100.
We leave Thursday evening for you to make your own performance choice (or just enjoy an evening in the Christmas lights and atmosphere of the city). We can arrange tickets for you for the following performances.
Thursday 15th -
Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg at the Staatsoper. A new production by Keith Warner with Michael Volle as Hans Sachs. Tickets in 2nd catefory stalls £185; 3rd category stalls £140; 4th category (see seating plan) £99; 5th category (see seating plan) £77; categories 6, 7, 8 have some restriction to view and standing places are £14.
Musikverein - Brahms Saal (recital hall) The Artis Quartet, works by Haydn, Ravel & Magnard. Ticket costs 1st caegory £50; 2nd £40; 3rd £30.
For the Christmas in Vienna performance our 'included' tickets are in the €150 category (side stalls). Upgrades are available to next category +£20 or top category +£45.
Deposit £500 plus any optional tickets, balance due 1st October.