The Leeds is one of the world’s foremost music competitions. Since the first Competition in 1963, it has attracted the world’s finest young pianists, drawn by the opportunities offered by the outstanding prize package, the challenge of demanding repertoire, a stellar jury and a warm welcome from the City of Leeds. The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra and The Leeds share a history that dates back to the inaugural Competition in 1963. In 2021 the orchestra will return for the first time since 1975 to accompany the Concerto Finals under the baton of Andrew Manze.
Just 6 places remaining (27th July).
We will spend four nights in the heart of this vibrant & cosmopolitan city, staying at the 4* Radisson Blu Hotel which is situated directly opposite Leeds Town Hall, the magnificent venue for the final stages of the competition. The hotel is set in a meticulously restored building that once served as the main office of the Leeds Permanent Building Society. This grand building has preserved its original art deco style.
Here are the highlights of our visit:
- A morning of masterclasses with three of the semi-finalists and jury members at Clothworkers Centenary Concert Hall at the University of Leeds sponsored by Maestro!
- A unique evening of music and food starting with a special recital by the 2018 Leeds Winner, Eric Lu (you can watch him playing Beethoven 4th Concerto in 2018 with the link below); followed by a drink's reception and Gala Dinner at the University of Leeds
- Top price tickets for the two finals in Leeds Town Hall on Friday and Saturday night.
- Dinner or supper on each of the four evenings (including the gala dinner)
- Visits to Harewood House, the Royal Armouries Museum and The Hepworth, Wakefield as well as free time in Leeds to enjoy this bustling and contemporary city.
Priority Booking is now open for those who have pre-registered and any remaining places will go on sale from Tuesday 13th July.
Coach/feeder pick-up points:
Poulton, Blackpool, Lytham, St Annes, Preston
Southport, Formby, Crosby, Liverpool, Allerton, Worsley
Birkenhead, Heswall, Chester, Knutsford
Watch Eric Lu's 2018 winning performance of Beethoven's 4th Piano Concerto
To Book please click the 'Book This Tour' button above right. Our team will then confirm your place and send you a secure payment link (deducting any credits that we are holding for you from cancelled 2020 tours).
Financial Security for UK Holidays
From 1st May 2021 all monies paid to Maestro! for UK based holidays are held in a Trust Account administered by Travel Trust Services Ltd. In order to guarantee your complete financial security, these monies are only released to Maestro once the tour has been concluded. When we charge your credit or debit card for UK holidays the payment credits directly into the Trust Account.
Covid related cancellation
If we are prevented from operating this holiday due to Government imposed Covid-19 restrictions you will be refunded in full. You must however ensure that your insurance policy provides you with personal Covid-19 cover in the unlikely event that you were forced to cancel or self-isolate.