Evan in these challenging times, there is nowhere quite like Vienna during Advent. The Christmas markets are full of life, the atmosphere in the streets is festive in a way that doesn't exist in most other capital cities and the concerts & operetta season is in full swing. Many of Vienna’s squares transform into magical Christmas markets with the aroma of hot punch and Christmas biscuits creating a wonderful atmosphere. Get your Christmas off to an early start and join us for five nights in this wonderful city.
We fly direct from Manchester or Heathrow with Austrian Airlines and stay five nights at the 4* Hotel am Konzerthaus which has an ideal location just off the 'Ringstrasse'.
- Verdi's epic Don Carlo at the Vienna State Opera
- Johann Strauss' Die Fledermaus at the Volksoper
- Christmas in Wien concert in the magnificent Goldensaal of the Musikverein (home of the New Year's Day concert)
- Valery Gergiev, Gaultier Capuçon and the Mariinsky Orchestra - all Shostakovich orpgramme in the beautiful art-nouveau Konzerthaus
- two morning walking tours in the historic heart of the city (with Kaffee und Kuchen in Vienna's most elegant cafe)
- a morning visit to Klimt & Schiele at the Belvedere Palace
- three dinners in some of the great dining rooms of the city, dinner at the Konzerthaus and a post-performance supper after Die Fledermaus
Flight timings: from Manchester
12 December Manchester - Vienna 1305 - 1645 Austrian Airlines
17 December Vienna - Manchester 1020 - 1155 Austrian Airlines
from Heathrow (special offer until 4th October - Business class return for £100 supplement)
12 December Heathrow - Vienna 1435 - 1755 British Airways
17 December Vienna - Heathrow 1845 - 2010 British Airways
Priority Booking opens 27th September and any remaining places will be on sale from 1st October.