The magic of Venice is often mared by the overwhelming cruise ship crowds of San Marco & Rialto but 'our' Venice is one of local neighbourhoods, wonderful sestieri, excellent food and the magic that still thrives sometimes just 100 metres from the Doges Palace. We are delighted to have been able to secure tickets for three performances at the legendary Teatro La Fenice in September. Two are included and you can add a third if you wish.
This will be our forth stay at the Hotel Al Sole. It’s tucked away on its own little canal and has a perfect location in the heart of the real Venice (with restaurants and shops that locals eat at and buy from). It sits in Santa Croce between the north end of the Grand Canal (just five minutes walk away at Piazalle Roma) and the mid-point of the canal at San Toma (just ten minutes walk in the other direction). A few minutes walk to the north and you have the San Rocco and Frari and to the south Campo San Margherita & Campo San Barnaba.
The hotel occupies an old palazzo and, as is the case throughout Venice the standard rooms don’t have any view but you can step out of the door and take a coffee at the lovely café next door and drink in the atmosphere and the view. We do have the chance to upgrade to garden view rooms and a couple of front facing canal view rooms. The one-off supplement (not per person) for these are £120 for the Garden View and £240 for the canal view. Please let us know if you would like to upgrade on the Booking Form and we will confirm this will the hotel and reconfirm back to you.
Our flights this year have been slightly complicated by schedule changes so the outward flight on Monday 9th will be with Jet2 from Manchester at 730am with a hot breakfast served on board and arriving 11am so giving all afternoon in the city for us to start our exploration before the Welcome Dinner. On the return the flight will be with Easyjet from Venice to Liverpool departing 1345 so as to allow a leisurely transfer back to the airport in the morning. We will then provide a transfer back to Manchester Airport for anyone that needs it.
If you want to stay the night at Manchester Airport on Sunday 8th we currently have a rate at the Radisson (connected directly to the Terminal) which is £150 per room for the night or the Premier Inn (paid transfer required) for £78. Please let us know at the time of booking.
The highlights included in the tour cost are:
- Private transfers by launch from the airport to the front door of the hotel (& back)
- Welcome dinner with wines at an excellent neighborhood restaurant.
- Mid-morning coffee on each of our four walking tours
- Two lunches with wine included at the end of two of the tour days
- Front stalls seats for your choice of two performances and the option to add a 3rd
- Puccini's masterpieces Madama Butterfly (Tuesday 10th) & Tosca (Thursday 12th)
- Rossini’s wonderful Il Barbiere di Siviglia (Wednesday 11th) all at La Fenice.
- Transfer from the hotel to La Fenice for each performance by private launch (and walk back crossing the Grand Canal by Vaporetto)
- Four half-days of sightseeing covering the Sestieri of Santa Croce, San Polo, Dorsodoro, Castello and Cannaregio
- A farewell gala dinner at the final home of Richard Wagner, Palazzo Ca' Vendramin Calergi on the Grand Canal
- A five day vaporetto pass allowing you to explore at your own pace as well as with the group.
Flights are from Manchester with Jet2 outward and returning Easyjet to Liverpool:
Monday 9 September Manchester – Venice 0730 – 1100 Jet2
Saturday 14 September Venice – Liverpool 1345 – 1500 Easyjet
The cost of the tour inclusive of flights, five nights hotel, all sightseeing & transfers plus two performances detailed above is £1645 per person sharing a twin or double bedded standard room and £1895 for sole use of a standard double room. If you wish to add a 3rd performance the cost is £200 (inc one way water launch transfer).
If you wish to make your own flight arrangements you can deduct £280 per person. If you wish to combine this visit with our holiday to Lugano please sign up now and we will be sending information on Lugano in the next week.
The deposit is £750 plus additional ticket if required.