The magic of Venice is often marred by the overwhelming cruise ship crowds of San Marco & Rialto but 'our' Venice is one of local neighbourhoods, wonderful sestieri, excellent food and the magic that still thrives, sometimes just 100 metres from the Doges Palace. We await details of the 2021 season at Teatro La Fenice but two performances will be included.
We have stayed for many years at the Hotel Al Sole. It’s tucked away on its own little canal and has a perfect location in the heart of the real Venice (with restaurants and shops that locals eat at and buy from). It sits in Santa Croce between the north end of the Grand Canal (just five minutes walk away from Piazalle Roma) and the mid-point of the canal at San Toma (just ten minutes walk in the other direction). A few minutes walk to the north and you have the San Rocco and Frari and to the south Campo San Margherita & Campo San Barnaba.
The hotel occupies an old palazzo and, as is the case throughout Venice, the standard rooms don’t have any view but you can step out of the door and take a coffee at the lovely café next door and drink in the atmosphere and the view. We do have the chance to upgrade to garden view rooms and a couple of front facing canal view rooms.
The highlights included in the tour are:
- Private transfers by launch from the airport to the front door of the hotel (& back)
- Welcome dinner with wines at an excellent neighborhood restaurant
- Mid-morning coffee on each of our four walking tours
- Two lunches with wine included at the end of two of the tour days
- Front stalls seats for your choice of two performances at La Fenice
- Transfer from the hotel to La Fenice for each performance by private launch (and walk back crossing the Grand Canal by Vaporetto)
- Four half-days of sightseeing covering the Sestieri of Santa Croce, San Polo, Dorsodoro, Castello and Cannaregio
- A farewell gala dinner at the final home of Richard Wagner, Palazzo Ca' Vendramin Calergi on the Grand Canal
- A five day vaporetto pass allowing you to explore at your own pace as well as with the group
Please Register Now to receive Priority Booking and complete details as soon as they are available.