We return to Glyndebourne for our 8th visit in autumn 2019 with two performances - a brand new production of Verdi's tragic masterpiece Rigoletto and Donizetti's glorious 'sun-drenched, small town comedy' L'elisir d'amore (the elixir of love). You can watch the L'Elisir trailer here: https://youtu.be/xWA_Ec1stUw
Performance dates will be confirmed in early February but we expect the dates to be either 22 - 25 October but please register now to receive Priority Booking for the tour.
Following unanimous approval from our guests for the past two visits we will return to the Jury's Waterfront Hotel, located facing the promenade with the charming shops and cafes of the Laines to the rear. The hotel underwent a complete refurbishment in 2017 and rooms are well proportioned with new ensuite bathrooms, flat-screen TV and tea & coffee making facilities. The hotel has a bright spacious lobby with bar and restaurant and it was a big hit with Maestro! clients.
- The break will be escorted throughout and includes:
- luxury coach travel from the Northwest (see booking form for pick up points, some by feeder coach to Knutsford)
- a 'business class' picnic platter & wine on the outward journey
- three nights at the 4* Jury's Hotel situated on the promenade in the absolute centre of the town with the 'Laines' of Brighton to the rear of the building on a bed & breakfast basis
- top price stall or foyer circle seats for both performances
- welcome dinner on the first evening
- afternoon tea (at Glyndebourne) before one performance
- a dinner in the renowned 'Wallop' Restaurant at Gyndebourne before/after the other performance
- All transfers to and from Glyndebourne
- a morning excursion to Lewes is also included