We return to Glyndebourne for our 7th visit in autumn 2018 with two wonderful productions - Massenet's comic 'fairy tale' Cendrillon (Cinderella) and Verdi's evergreen masterpiece La Traviata in the glorious setting of the Glyndebourne Opera House.
This sumptuous production of La Traviata was created by Tom Cairns in 2014 and received unanimous praise from the critics and public alike. You can watch the production trailer here:
Director Fiona Shaw returns to Glyndebourne to create a new production for this Autumn, the glittering comic opera celebrating the power of fantasy, Cendrillon is Jules Massenet’s musical fairytale. An enchanting retelling of the familiar Cinderella story, it balances the exquisite beauty of its romantic and fantasy scenes with deft, witty portraits of Cinderella’s stepmother and stepsisters. The most successful French opera composer of the turn of the century, Massenet’s blend of colourful characters, generous melodies and sumptuous orchestral textures is both heady and bewitching.
Following unanimous approval from our guests in 2017 we will return to the Jury's Waterfront Hotel, located facing the promenade with the charming shops and cafes of the Laines to the rear, which had a complete refurbishment in 2017. Rooms are well proportioned with new ensuite bathrooms, flat-screen TV and tea & coffee making facilities. The hotel has a bright spacious lobby with bar and restaurant and it was a big hit with Maestro! clients.
The break will be escorted throughout and includes:
- luxury coach travel from the Northwest (see booking form for pick up points, some by feeder coach to Knutsford)
- a 'business class' picnic platter & wine on the outward journey
- three nights at the 4* Jury's Hotel situated on the promenade in the absolute centre of the town with the 'Laines' of Brighton to the rear of the building on a bed & breakfast basis
- top price stall or foyer circle seats for both performances
- welcome dinner on the first evening
- afternoon tea (at Glyndebourne) before one performance
- a dinner in the renowned 'Wallop' Restaurant at Gyndebourne before/after the other performance
- All transfers to and from Glyndebourne
- a morning excursion to Lewes is also included